Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Save Youself the Aggrevation

I read a blog post by another Realtor the other day about Lookie Lou’s. She was asking how to deal with people who just like viewing homes for fun. Apparently a lot of agents have spent countless hours, gas, mileage on their cars, and a few lunches taking people around to see houses that they have no intention of buying.
I won’t show a house to anyone who doesn’t have proof of funds or a pre-approval letter. This is a rule of mine. It is mandatory. If a potential buyer is willing to give you their bank statement or go through the trouble of getting pre-approved then they are probably serious.
I also make them sign an Exclusive Buyers Agreement. I don’t want to waste my time showing people houses all day long for them to call on a sign the next day and buy a house directly from the listing agent. I want them to be committed to doing business with me.
Why do so many agents have such a hard time asking for these things? Are you afraid you are going to lose a deal? Who cares? If potential buyers aren’t willing to make a commitment to you for all your time, research, expertise, then you don’t need them anyway. As soon as you stop worrying about losing a deal I promise your business will increase. Instead of spending all day Saturday taking Lookie Lou’s on a tour you could be prospecting for some real buyers.
I encourage you to put your own personal policies in place to make sure you have a real buyer. Make these stipulations required. No exceptions. It will save you a ton of aggrevation.

www.jonesandcorealty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment